Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wonderful Women.....

Barb Zebe, Sonya Wilcox, Holly Wattles, Jamie Garrett, Janae Runyon, Alison Barnes, Linda Schlauder
Kathy Peterson, Me, Teresa Slade
4-4-2011

What an awesome night to be out with friends!  I love to spend time with other good women who inspire me and make me laugh.  Linda had some extra tickets for a country music concert honoring some of the great women in country music.  I love country music and was excited to see who would be preforming.  The highlight of the night was when Carrie Underwood sang...."How Great Thou Art".  It was beautiful and uplifting.  Since it was on a Monday night, Jamie said that song made it "Family Night" for all of us.
I'm sure going to miss all my friends in the Canyon Gate ward.  I can't express my love enough for so many of them.  They have been there for me when I have gone through different challenges with my kids.  They have been wonderful listening ears and given me comfort and friendship.  They have been examples of Christ through all of their service in our ward family.  They have taught me gospel principles by the way they live their lives.  They have shown me how they handle trials in their own lives by continuing to be faithful and obedient.  They have shown me how much fun a group of women can have, especially at girls camp in the kitchen.  They have shown me how to be a good mother.  They have taught me how to be a better cook.  They have motivated me to develop my talents and use them to benefit others.  They have loved my kids!  They have bought food from my kids to help them earn money for summer camps.  They have taught me to magnify my callings by magnifying their own.  They have allowed  me to serve them when times have been tough.  They have taught me to believe in miracles and see how the atonement can work for everyone.  The women in my Canyon Gate ward are special women.  How can I leave such a great ward?  This question keeps going through my mind.  I am supporting my husband and trying to follow the spirit.  It will be a challenge but I know that we have been called to this new place for a reason and we will go with a bright countenance.  I can take all that I have learned from the past 22 years in Vegas and use it to build the kingdom in Texas.  Life is for learning and growing and we won't be given any trial that we can not overcome.  I love the women in my ward!  I love all that they stand for and all that I have learned from them.



Jamie & I


4 comments:

  1. I will miss you lots! you were my fiirst friend in the ward... I loved serving in young women's with you! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Holly! I couldn't agree with you more. Good Luck in Texas. Love ya, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you and your wonderful family so much I can hardly stand it. You are amazing Holly and I can't begin to count all of the things you have taught me through your sweet, gentle, guileless ways. Texas is mighty lucky! I love you my dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too and will miss your beautiful smile. You always have a big smile and I have grown to love you so much. I will totally miss you. But at
    the same time, I'm excited for you. I love new adventures and meeting new people and wish I could be doing that too. You will love your new place and they are lucky to have you moving there. Stay in touch and keep your blog up so we can keep track of each other.

    ReplyDelete