Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Home Evening & A Desire to do Better

BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART FOR THEY SHALL SEE GOD.........MATTHEW  5:8
     Last night we were invited to President Christensen's home for dinner and a lesson.  President Christensen is the mission president here in the Vegas East Mission.  Gary new him from his mission and just recently connected with him. What a wonderful experience to be in the mission home.  Anna, Bailey and Christian were with us and there was another couple invited as well. President Christensen and his wife Toby and their daughter Hannah made a delicious dinner.........It was FANCY!  I was a little worried about the boys but I was impressed by how well they did.  There was such a wonderful spirit in their home.  It was like the temple!  Brother Weed gave a wonderful lesson and had Bailey and Christian help out.  I was once again impressed with the boys answers to his questions.  Christian was Hysterical!  I was overcome with a desire to teach my children more about the gospel. I had a desire to study more myself.  It needs to be more important to me.  It needs to be done daily and it needs to be written down as a goal.  I have always done really well when I have a set of goals that are written down and I can see them everyday.  I love a Challenge!
     I really needed to feel the spirit of this night.  I love the gospel with all my heart.  Happiness comes through living a good life.  Happiness comes when we make right choices.  Happiness comes when we serve others.  Happiness is a blessing from our Heavenly Father and a gift we receive through obedience.

BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HUNGER & THIRST AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS
 FOR THEY SHALL BE FILLED
matthew 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment